- 1 cup almonds coarsely chopped and roasted (about 140 grams)
- 1 cup dates chopped (about 140 grams)
- 1 cup dried apricots chopped (about 140 grams)
- 1½ teaspoon orange zest finely grated
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon ground
- ¼ teaspoon allspice ground
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg freshly grated
- ¼ cup turbinado sugar or more for rolling
- In a food processor, combine the roasted almonds, dates, apricots, orange zest and spices.
- Cover and pulse until mixture is transformed into a paste.
- Roll mixture into a 1 inch diameter balls (about 1½ tablespoon).
- Roll balls in sugar.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks or can be frozen (WITHOUT rolling in the sugar) for up to 3 months.